Are you a business owner or a freelancer in India and you are looking for how to create a verified India Paypal account. In this post, I will explain to you step-by-step on how to open a verified Paypal account in India.
Before we look at the opening process, let me tell you the reason why you need a Paypal account in India and the benefit of using a Paypal account in India.
Why You Need A PayPal Account In India?
PayPal is one of the most trusted and convenient services for sending and receiving payment instantly.
Before moving on how to create a PayPal account, you should know the benefits of having a PayPal account.
What are Benefits of Opening a PayPal account in India?
The benefits of opening a paypal account in India include:
- With a fully verified PayPal account, you will be able to receive payments from overseas.
- If you don’t have a credit card, you can use Indian Debit card to make payment.
- With PayPal, you will be able to send mass payment.
- You can easily create and send invoices directly to your client.
- PayPal is a more secure way of online payment as you can make an online payment without exposing your credit card details.
How to Create a Verified India PayPal Account
Below is the step by step guide on how to open and verify your Lesotho PayPal account in Nigeria in less than 10 minutes. Kindly follow the steps carefully.
2. Once you click on sign up, you will see 2 accounts opening options; Individual account and Business account. Choosing ‘Individual Account’ would mean you can only send payments. You will be able to pay for your shopping fees with this kind of account. But you won’t be able to receive any payment if you go for individual account.
However, choosing ‘Business Account’ will offer you the ability to send and receive money from other users, businesses, clients, and much more. Business account has a lot of features embedded than Individual account. This kind of account is suitable for people who want to receive payments or are sellers, freelances, or a business. But you will need to get KYC completed before you can start receiving payments.
If you chose to create an individual account instead, you can always upgrade it to a business account later as well. Keep in mind there are no charges for creating either type of account.
If you are going to accept money from businesses or clients, then go with ‘Business Account’. Click next, on the next page you will have three options to choose. Choose the options that are suitable for your case, and click Next. Enter the email address that you want to associate with your Paypal account. Remember, this cannot be changed later.
3. The next thing to do is to tell Paypal, how you want to accept payments and your annual sales volume. But it is advisable to accept payment via “Email, invoicing or link.” However, you can choose the option that will work best for you.
4. When that is done you will be taken to the next page where you are to provide your email as shown in the image below. It’s best if you open a fresh verified Gmail for this purpose. Enter your email there and click on continue. Please it’s advisable you use a Gmail account or a custom email if you have one, avoid yahoo mail at all cost. When you enter the email , click on next and you will be taken to the next page.
On the next page you will be asked to choose a strong password for your account and click submit.
5. On the next page, you will need to choose the type of business. If you are an individual, choose “Individual’ otherwise choose the one that explains you the best. Fill up the complete form accordingly and click ‘Submit’.
For people opening an account in India, they will need to verify a few things before they can start receiving money from others. You will need to add your PAN Card number, confirm the email address that you used to sign up with. Then add a bank account, this is where your PayPal money will be withdrawn to. And the last one is ‘Purpose code’, where you have to choose why you are receiving the payments on your account.
The name of your PayPal account should be the same as what is in your PAN Card. Minors who are trying to open a PayPal account in the name of their parents, since you will not have a PAN card at the moment.
How To Link Your Bank Account With Your India PayPal Account
Linking your bank account with your account can take some time, so it is suggested that you start the verification process right away if you want to start receiving money as soon as possible.
Click on “Payments Methods” and then click on ‘Link a bank account’. You will need to add your name (same as it is on the account), your bank account number, and the IFSC code of your bank branch.
The IFSC code can be found in your checkbook or on your bank’s official website. If you still cannot find it there, just do a search on Google with your bank’s name and location with the term ‘IFSC code’ and you should be able to get it. Just make sure you cross-check from multiple links if you are searching on google, just to be extra sure.
After you are done with filling the details just click ‘Link Your Bank’. To verify your account, PayPal will send two small deposits to your account. Once you have received the payment, come back to your account and click verify and resume the bank account verification. Enter the amount PayPal sent you in the respective boxes and click confirm. If you did everything correctly, you will have a verified bank account now.
How to Add Purpose Code to Your India Paypal Account
Next, you will need to add a purpose code in your PayPal account. There will be a long list of options that you can choose from, select the one that is most accurate in your case. For example, if you are receiving affiliate payment, you can choose ‘advertising and marketing research’ as your purpose code.
Now you have a verified PayPal account and you can start receiving money from business and your clients, even from other countries as well.
How to Link a Credit or Debit Card to your India Paypal Account
Linking a credit and debit card is pretty easy compared to adding a bank account on PayPal. To link a card to your account, visit ‘Payment Methods’ from the dashboard. On the top left, choose ‘Link a debit or credit card’, then click on the first option. You can also link your ICICI Pockets account if you own one.
On the next page, enter the details of your card, then click on ‘Link Card’. Your card should be verified within a few moments and you can load your account or pay from your PayPal account using these accounts. The process is similar for both credit and debit cards.
If you follow these steps you will know how to open a verified Paypal account in India, all you need is just getting the required documents if you want to enjoy all the full features of Paypal.
How do I send payments using PayPal?
You can add a debit or credit card, and send payments for your purchases to the recipient’s email address or via PayPal.Me. (Note: Personal payments to friends and family isn’t supported in your PayPal India account.)
How to send money from your PayPal app in India?
- Tap Send.
- Enter the name, email or mobile number of the recipient and tap Next.
- Type the amount you’re sending and tap Next.
- Choose your preferred payment method and tap Next.
- Review the information and tap Send now.
How to make paypal payment in India using recipient’s email address?
- Go to Send and request.
- Click Pay for goods or services.
- Enter the recipient’s email address, and click Next.
- Enter the amount you want to send, select the currency, and add a message to your recipient (optional).
- Select your shipping address, and click Continue.
- Review your payment information and click Send Payments Now.
On the payment page, your payment will be set in the default currency of your recipient’s country or region. If you have an agreement with the recipient, you’re able to change it to other currency.
After the payment is sent, your recipient will receive a notification email. If they don’t have a PayPal account, they can follow the instructions in the email to sign up for an account and accept your payment.
What is a purpose code?
In accordance with Indian regulations, you’re required to add a reason for your payments (also known as a “purpose code”). This helps the regulators to understand the exact nature of your cross-border transactions. This purpose code must be in place before you can withdraw money from your PayPal account to your local Indian bank account. You only need to add the purpose code once, and it’ll be used as the default reason for all your payments.
For all Business accounts, Purpose code is collected during the account creation. If you haven’t added a Purpose Code, complete your identity confirmation now to start receiving and withdrawing PayPal payments. You can update the purpose code later as well. To change the Purpose Code on your PayPal account:
- Go to Settings.
- Click Edit beside “Purpose Code”.
- Select a Purpose Code, and then click Save.
Here are a few hand-picked articles to read next:
- How to Open a Verified US Paypal Account
- How to receive international payment in India
- How to make money on your website, blog, facebook page with Adsterra ad network
- The Best Digital Marketing Tools For Small Businesses
- How to Convert a Word Document to a PowerPoint Presentation
- How To Open A Verified Lesotho Paypal Account